page contents

Monday 29 April 2013

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Biogarphy Photos Pictures Pics Images

Source(Google.com.pk)

If there is one thing I regret throughout the nine years I was pregnant (yup, nine years–from 1996 to 2005) with each one of my six kids, it is this: I never did anything creative with my baby belly. Sure, some would argue that the stretchmarks left behind could double as abstract expressionism but that is not what I mean by creative, thank you very much.

I’m talking about belly casts and henna designs on the pregnant belly.

The belly cast sounds interesting but I don’t know if I’d want a sculpture of my breasteses on display for the world to see. Especially the National Geographic, jungle boobies I had while pregnant. I don’t want to scare people, you know.

But henna, or mendhi, designs sound lovely. I’ve always been drawn to the natural, organic shapes. After checking out a few FAQ’s, here is what I discovered:

Henna is made from the crushed leaves of the lawsonia inermis (henna) plant. It’s also used with other naturally staining ingredients such as coffee, tamarind paste, pomegranate juice and crushed beets to name a few. That tells you it is gentle, safe and natural on your pregnant belly.
Women and children have mendhi done before a celebration. It is not uncommon to see women getting henna done during baby showers, birthday parties, bridal parties, etc.
Henna designs are used as protection against evil. They also bring good luck, healing, pampering, and relaxation before the festivities begin. They are a rite of passage.
Traditionally speaking, a bride with henna is not allowed to work until the color fully wears off.
Well, if that’s not a great reason to get henna, I don’t know what is. It’s just beautiful on a pregnant woman’s belly.

When I was younger, It seemed as if when a women were pregnant, that is was forever! Now that I have seen many friends go through the experience, it seems to happen so quickly. Before you know it, a baby is born!!

It’s not like it happens all the time, right?! Nowadays its very common to have only one child, so maybe once, twice, possibly more that a women is pregnant in her lifetime.
It’s a very special time in a women’s life and celebration is necessary!

We celebrate and create ritual all the time without even realizing it. We commemorate transitions and new journeys with bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, etc. Shouldn’t there be one to celebrate a women’s growing belly?!

There’s a lovely energy that surrounds a women when she is pregnant. Something so feminine and sweet…
I have been blessed to teach prenatal yoga classes and to decorate momma’s belly with Henna goodness! I almost feel like I can live vicariously through them! Maybe some day?

Lately I’ve been getting myself more into decorating momma’s pregnant belly with Henna designs. This is part of what I do for a living, and I love it!!
Henna Blessings are like sacraments, or similar to setting an intention for the person receiving the blessing. That could be anything from pregnancy to finding love, or an intention to be more open with oneself or another being, etc. Personally, giving a Henna tattoo signifies more than just body art. It’s an honor to be a part of someone’s process towards growth and living. And to help make that journey that much more real or alive, is so beautiful!

To finish off, Ill share a closing story.
One night, I was hired to do henna for a gathering of women and friends. Everyone took turns getting a henna tattoo, when one of the gals mentioned something I hadn’t heard before. She said that when a person is receiving henna, all of a sudden she becomes the Goddess. She can’t move much so she has an advantage to being served and accommodated to. One gal had another friend spoon feed her because her arms and hands were covered in henna. My friend has a baby so when it was her turn, all the ladies in the room took turns taking care of her child.

And it’s so true, when its your turn to get henna, all the attention is on you. And all the good energy is being poured from that bottle of henna into your being to send blessings, protection, good luck, etc. Some people think that beautifying your self is vain, but when we beautify our self, we are acknowledging and expressing the inner beauty that resides within

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

Design Of Mehndi (1)Photos Pictures Pics Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...